1. How fast can I go?
The maximum speed is around 21-25 Kmph. The speed may vary due to factors like inclination and load.
2. What are pedal assist modes?
AMIGO E-bikes come with Smart Pedal Assist Sensors to support the rider with additional boost while the rider is pedaling. This will allow the rider to avoid fatigue.
3. How many modes are available?
5 Pedal Assist Modes are available in AMIGO E-bikes.
4. How can I switch between the modes?
The modes can be switched conveniently using the buttons on the digital dispay module.
5. Where can I use this bike?
The bikes can be used in city commutes, health/fitness regimes, communities & workspaces and also recreational centres. Basically anywhere you would normally use a two wheeler.
6. Is it one size fit all?
AMIGO E-Bikes come in 3 sizes. Small, medium and large.
7. Tell me more about my brakes?
AMIGO E-bikes are fitted with electronic brakes. These brakes turn off the motor automatically when applied. This ensures the safety of the rider.
8. What accessories are compatible?
Most bi-cycle accessories should be compatible. But we advice the riders to double check the compatibility for the specific model before purchasing.
9. Is the display screen waterproof?
The display is water-resistant.
10. Is it legal for a minor to ride it?
Battery and Charging
1. What battery am I getting?
A standard Lithium-Ion Battery developed in-house with IP65 casing.
2. How can I charge my e-bike? Can I unlock the battery?
You may conveniently charge AMIGO E-Bikes using the standard charger at any power source with 220V AC Single phase supply (This is the standard supply in India). And yes! the battery can also be unlocked, detached and charged independently.
3. Is the charger included?
Yes! It is.
4. What is the battery life?
Typically 5 years, if charged properly. Batteries tend to get affected when over-charged or when drained too much. It is ideal to charge the battery when it hits 20% and it is recommended to always charge the batter to 100% whenever possible.
5. How long does it take to charge?
Typically it takes 3 to 4 hrs for the battery to get fully charged.
6. How much does it cost to charge the battery?
Typically it costs INR 5 for a single charge. It may vary based on the electricity tariff in your area.
7. How do you turn the battery on/off?
The battery can be turned on/off using the supply switch on the battery pack (There is only one switch so it is easy to find!).
8. How should I look after my battery?
Batteries tend to get affected when over-charged or when drained too much. It is ideal to charge the battery when it hits 20% and it is recommended to always charge the batter to 100% whenever possible.
9. Is the battery waterproof?
They battery pack comes with a hailong casing. It is water-resistant.
10. Does pedalling charge the battery?
No, it does not charge the battery. But it does charge the rider!
11. Will the lights still work if the battery is dead?
In case a dedicated backup is attached to the light, it will work. But it does not work by default.
12. Are replacement batteries available?
Yes. Replacement and spare batteries will be available at a cost.
Maintenance and Service
1. What service is required?
Standard servicing for the wheels, oiling the chain/brakes, greasing the pedals etc. from time to time is recommended. The battery pack and motor need not be serviced, but we recommend regular cleaning to avoid any dust deposits.
2. How should I clean my e-bike?
We recommend cleaning with a wet cloth/sponge. We do not recommend cleaning with water directly.
3. Where can an e-bike be serviced?
The motor and battery will be serviced at our servicing unit in Hyderabad. The other parts of the E-Bike can be serviced at any standard bi-cycle service centre.
4. What’s the warranty?
AMIGO E-bikes come with a standard 1 year warranty. You may choose to opt for an extended warranty at the time of purchase.